- Luggage exceeding duty free concessions;
- Luggage sent before or after the traveller;
- Imports and exports under regulation of the State;
- Professional equipment temporarily imported and re-exported or vice versa;
- Addictive medication;
- Jewelry gold, fine-art gold exceeding 300g;
- Drafts, cheque or precious metals, precious stones with a value of more than VND 300 million;
- Foreign currency exceeding USD 5,000 (five thousand) or its equivalent in other foreign currency, or more than VND 15,000,000 (fifteen million) in cash.
Goods prohibited for import: weapons, ammunition, explosives, military equipment, drugs, toxic chemicals, immoral and reactionary products, firecrackers of all kinds, toys with a negative impact on education, and social security, cigarettes beyond the quantity stipulated, some consumer goods, materials and vehicles have used, ingot gold, raw material gold...
Goods prohibited for export: weapons, ammunition, explosives, military equipment, antiques, drugs, toxic chemicals, wild animals, endangered animals and plants, documents related to national security, ingot gold, raw material gold...
Duty free concessions for arriving passengers:
- Liquor: 1.5 litres of liquor above 22° alcohol; 2.0 litres of liquor below 22°; 3 litres of alcoholic beverages;
- Cigarettes: 200 pieces; Cigars: 100 pieces; Tobacco: 500g;
- A reasonable quantity of clothes and personal belongings related to the purpose of the trip;
- Articles other than those mentioned above (excluding the list of goods banned for import or subject to conditional import) with total a value not exceeding VND 10,000,000 (ten million).
Note: Foreigners carrying luggage, in excess of duty-free quotas to be given as presents and gifts with a total value not exceeding VND 1,000,000 (one million) will be exempt from taxes.